Frederic Kapp Memorial Library
Our Frederic Kapp Memorial Library is the only research and reference center on psychoanalytic theory and technique in the tri-state area–a valuable resource for faculty, candidates/students and mental health professionals.
A substantial collection of books on psychoanalysis and psychodynamic psychotherapy make up the Library’s collection.
Members make use of the following services:
- Borrow from our unique collection
– Obtain journal articles upon request (first 2 articles free; additional articles $3.00 each)
– Request a database search from the CPI librarian
– Connect with a CPI faculty member who has expertise in your area of study for a 15-minute phone or in-person meeting to get suggestions of authors, journals, and books.
- Purchase books through the library for a $2.00 fee.
- Attend special programs as scheduled
For more information about the above services, contact Mary Kroeger Vuyk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The librarian is available on Tuesday through Friday for limited hours. Membership in the Kapp Memorial Library is available to the public for an annual fee of $50. All CPI students and faculty have free library privileges. Members of the Association for Psychoanalytic Thought (APT) and the staff of not-for-profit organizations have an annual fee of $25.
-Books & Periodicals — Members may request a hold for a book or periodical simply by selecting the “Request a Hold” tab located on the online Catalog.
-Access http://www.pep-web.org/ for thousands of full-text psychoanalytic journal articles (subscription required)
-The Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research links to several free medical journals from one convenient place.
-PubMed comprises more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Online Library Catalog:
Click HERE to search our online Catalog of holdings!