Our Frederic Kapp Memorial Library is the only research and reference center on psychoanalytic theory and technique in the tri-state area–a valuable resource for faculty, candidates/students and mental health professionals.
A substantial collection of books on psychoanalysis and psychodynamic psychotherapy make up the Library’s collection.
Members make use of the following services:
- Borrow from our unique collection
- Obtain journal articles upon request (first 2 articles free; additional articles $3.00 each)
- Request a database search from the CPI librarian
- Connect with a CPI faculty member who has expertise in your area of study for a 15-minute phone or in-person meeting to get suggestions of authors, journals, and books.
- Purchase books through the library for a $2.00 fee.
- Attend special programs as scheduled
For more information about the above services, contact Mary Kroeger Vuyk ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
The librarian is available on Tuesday through Friday for limited hours. Membership in the Kapp Memorial Library is available to the public for an annual fee of $50. All CPI students and faculty have free library privileges. Members of the Association for Psychoanalytic Thought (APT) and the staff of not-for-profit organizations have an annual fee of $25.
Connect HERE to our Online Public Access Catalog!
Access http://www.pep-web.org/ for thousands of full-text psychoanalytic journal articles (subscription required)
The Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research links to several free medical journals from one convenient place.
PubMed comprises more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.